Yeah? Really? Because I sure can’t. Without plans to make it to the game, and without TV coverage, and without a quality opponent, this whole affair will ultimately be little more than a box score and an injury report.
So here are my predictions for the game:
- Clemson trounces SC state
- The defense will give up 1.5x more yards than anyone thinks is reasonable
- The fans will complain about the vanilla offense
- An important player will get lost to injury
- You all will call me either Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer or some variant
PS – I was at UVA on Wednesday for their career fair. One guy who came by our table looked just like Rachel Dratch, kinda sounded like her, too — swear to God.