- The basketball team takes the court tonight against UNC. The game is in Littlejohn, so the Tigers might have a chance. Tip is at 9:05, The OP has your pre-game information and links.
- The assault charges against Trevor Adair have been dropped. Ultimately he will only have to pay a $1100 fine for violating the noise ordinance.
- Greg Wallace speculates that Butch Davis and David Cutcliffe will be considered candidates for the now-vacant Tennessee head coaching gig. Cutcliffe’s ties to UT make it natural that his name would come up, but it will be hard for him to overcome his mediocre tenure at Ole Miss.
- Khalil Green has signed on with the Texas Rangers as a utility infielder. It’s a 1-year contract worth a reported $750k.
- Speaking of baseball, the college season is quickly approaching. Clemson’s first game is scheduled for February 19th against Miami University.
Update: Vegas Insider puts the consensus line at Clemson -4.5.
Update 2: With 7:12 in the game, I just realized that Roy Williams is wearing one of the ugliest ties in recorded history and that Clemson has lost sight of the need to play to win the game.
Update 3: My fears have gone unrealized and Clemson prevailed easily. Trevor Booker is a joy to watch. The on-court, post-game interview with Booker was a bust because the noise made it impossible to communicate.